Saturday, October 27, 2007

Best Remedy For Dry Skin




By the time we are born, we are gifted with healthy skin. However, this condition changes when our skin becomes exposed to a lot of outside factors--some of these are the foods we eat, the heat of the sun, too much exposure to radiation emitting equipment like computers, photocopy machines and a lot more. Our skins' defenses also weaken as we grow older and we need nutrient rich skin vitamins to make our skin look, feel and stay healthy.

When I was younger, I used to have a combination of dry and sensitive skin. Sometimes my skin would get so dry that it would become too itchy and small lesions would come out. Sometimes, the itchyness and dryness are due to food allergies. I experienced this problem from childhood until when I reached 18 years old. My mom thought that this was just an ordinary allergic reaction to foods I eat so she would just tell me to avoid some foods like shrimp, crabs, squid, chicken, and other allergens. Sometimes the dryness and itchyness would cease, but most of the time they stay. The itchyness and dryness would sometimes become untolerable. This prompted me to consult a dermatologist. At first, she gave me a list of foods to avoid in order to know which foods would trigger the dryness and itchyness. Later on, she changed the lotion, soap and facial wash I was using. I had to take Vitamin C and 50,000 IU of Vitamin A daily for a week. My skin showed improvement to this medication and the dryness and itchyness lessened. I continued with the weekly visit and it really helped. This time, my skin condition is already normal and I can already eat even those foods I used to be allergic with. I hope this post would help a lot of people who may be in the same situation. If you are suffering from the same skin problems, below is a list of suggestions that would help your condition.

1) Use a lotion with collagen and urea. This really helped my skin. It's like a daily food for my skin. I apply it in the morning and before bedtime right after the shower when my skin is still damp. Our skin best absorbs the moisturizers and lotions we apply when it is still damp. Sometimes, I mix it with petroleum jelly as it is good also to prevent dry skin.

2) Every week, I mix also one part of yoghurt and a slice of lemon then I apply the mixture to my skin. I leave it for 10-15 minutes then rinse off. When you try it, your skin will feel amazing. It will feel so smooth and healthy. Lemon is good also for whitening your skin.

3) Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily. This is good to hydrate your skin. This is also good to cleanse other organs of your body.

4.) Drinking freshly squeezed fruit juices will also do wonders to your skin. The nutrients we get from these fruits will strengthen our skin's defenses to skin diseases.

4) Eat a diet mostly of fruits, vegetables and fish. These foods will give you a healthy glow and a younger you.

5) Exercise daily. Our body needs a little stretching and needs to sweat everyday to lose those extra pounds we've accumulated the day before. A healthy and toned body will give you a youthful glow. It may not be much but a little everyday will help a lot than none at all.

I hope these tips will help those who are experiencing the same problems as I've experienced. Trying to combat dry and sensitive skin is possible. It just needs a little bit of work on your part. Good luck to your journey to having a healthy skin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home