Saturday, January 06, 2007

What to do when a poison has been swallowed ?

Try to identify what kind of poison was taken by the victim. Examine the label of the container, if it is available, as it might indicate what is the effective antidote. Try to contact the city or the province's poison control center if possible and ask for assistance and proper action to be taken. However, if no qualified help is available, bring the victim immediately to the nearest hospital so proper care will immediately be given. Notify the hospital first so that the personnel may be prepared upon your arrival at the hospital. Immediately bring the victim to the hospital emergency room as soon as possible.


Post a Comment

<< Home